Step back in time with a visit to Vietnam’s Mekong Delta. Travel by traditional sampan boat through the river’s maze of canals where time seems to standstill. Bike through the Delta’s charming villages and fields to soak up the tranquillity of the countryside and its spectacular scenery.
Day 1: Saigon – Cai Lay – Can Tho (B/L)
Day 2: Can Tho – Saigon & Departure (B/L)
Depart early morning from Saigon and head two hours southwest, past lush rice paddies and fruit farms to Cai Lay. Board a wooden boat to enjoy country scapes and river life. Exchange boat for a bicycle for a relaxing 7km (4mi) ride over easy, level terrain along narrow village lanes, past fruit orchards and local cottage industries. Arrive at the home of a tropical fruit farmer and explore his orchard while sampling exotic fresh fruits. A sampan boat ride along picturesque canals takes you to a local home for an authentic lunch of Mekong Delta specialties. Continue on a 2hr drive to Can Tho, the largest city in the Mekong Delta. Arrive at your hotel where the rest of the evening is free at your leisure.
Overnight in Can Tho (Lunch)
Suggested departure time: 08:00
Estimated arrival time at Can Tho: 15:00
This morning, rise early and board a local boat to explore the famed Cai Rang floating market, where dozens of boats laden with fruits, vegetables and fish from all over the Delta jostle for trade. Notice the long poles with sample products for sale tied to the top so as to be seen from afar as well as the many small boats providing boat-to-boat service of meals and refreshments. Have your camera ready as this vibrant wholesale market on the water makes for excellent photo opportunities, especially from the unique vantage point of your boat. Relax and enjoy the cruise back to the hotel to freshen up before the drive back to Saigon. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant en route before the drive back to Saigon for your onward flight.
Suggested departure time: 06:00
Tour duration: 03 hours
Estimated arrival time at Saigon: 15:00
End of service
Tour price includes
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services.
- All private transportation.
- Accommodation shared in Twin/Double room with daily breakfast
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- Private boat trip as per tour
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Tissues and water on the coach.
- Services charges and government tax.
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
Tour price excludes
- International flights & Departure taxes if any
- Personal expenses, drinks, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Peak season or Public holidays surcharge if any
- Compulsory Gala dinner on X-Mas or New Year if any
- Vietnam visa
- Other services not mentioned above