In this land, the oriental mysticism blends with modernity and the progress that two countries undergo during these years. It is fascinating and inspiring to see these countries are sometimes traditionally bound folk – exuding faith in the future and hospitably welcoming foreign travelers.
The appetite for life is also reflected in the momentum that is now seriously underway in Vietnam and Cambodia, and which becomes visible to us on our journey through the two countries. Impressions from the big city life in the Hanoi and Phnom Penh metropolises, where we have both planned city sightseeing and experienced local activities such as morning gymnastics, national flag raising and rickshaw tours around the lively streets of the central city blocks.
The program emphasizes variation in the attractions that we must visit along the way. For example, vibrant Asian metropolises, boat trips with overnight stays in the Bay of Halong – with the wings of the past from the French colonial era, from the old days in the quaint trading town of Hoi An, and not least from the visit to the Angkor temples from Khmer people’s heyday.
But the rushing present is passing us everywhere on the journey as the Vietnamese and Cambodians get on & drop off on a motorcycle. We gain insight into their daily lives in the market, in the rice fields, on the rivers and, not least, on the excursions out in the upland and the rural areas – all in the attempt to get all the way around to experience the contradictions with a smile & the ingenuity.
The tour starts in North Vietnam, goes via Central Vietnam and ends in Cambodia. We live in beautiful hotels right in the city center and are part of the city’s vibrant street life as soon as you step out of the hotel.
- Gastronomic experiences from selected restaurants, from street food tours local’s cuisine in Mekong.
- 2 days 1 night boat cruise in the marvelous limestone landscape of Halong Bay.
- From Vietnam to Cambodia via 3 days through the Mekong Delta with stays at the lodge, where few tourists come.
- The major sights include Angkor temples, but also more excursions with local experiences in mind.
- Sightseeing and transfers with various modes of transport: walking, bicycle, rickshaw, motorcycle rickshaw, sampan, boat, junk, speedboat, car and 3 domestic flights.
- On our trips with Halong Bay we only use boats whose sailing route comes to Bai Tu Long or to Lan Ha, where there are not so many cruise boats and tourists
You can send your enquiry via the form below.