Head to the highlands for an unforgettable journey of cultural discovery and natural beauty. Take an overnight train to Sapa and dive into the traditions of Vietnam’s hill-tribe people. Admire remarkable landscapes on the way to the Muong Hoa Valley, where towering mountains and vibrant fields await at every corner.
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival – Lao Cai
Day 2: Hanoi – Lao Cai – Sapa (B/L)
Day 3: Sapa – Lao Chai – Ta Van Village – Hanoi (B/L)
<p>Upon arrival in Hanoi, be met by our car driver and be transferred to the hotel the rest of the day at leisure before transfer to train station leave Hanoi for Lao Cai. </p><p>Overnight on train.</p><p>Notes: The itinerary can be flexible base on the arrival flight schedule; some sites can be visited today to have more time at sites or adding some other sites in the next day (with small surcharge).</p><p></p>
<p>Upon arrival at Lao Cai Railway Station, take a scenic 1hr drive to your hotel in the former hill station of Sapa. A frontier town 350km northwest of Hanoi and close to the border with China, Sapa’s terraced rice fields are some of the world’s most beautiful. Trek through the Muong Hoa Valley to admire the beautiful orderliness of the fields created by skilled, diligent ethnic farmers. There is an opportunity to see different traditions and costumes of the Zay minority at Ta Van Village and the Red Dzao at Giang Ta Chai Village. Return to town where the remainder of the afternoon is at your leisure.</p><p>Overnight in Sapa </p><p></p><p>NOTES:</p><p>Suggested departure time: Depends on arrival time of train </p><p>Tour duration: 09 hours</p><p>Trekking distance: 11km (7mi)</p><p>Grade: Medium</p><p></p>
<p>Morning at your leisure to explore historical landmarks and the many charming boutiques around Sapa town. In the afternoon, from Sapa, trek downhill through pine forests towards the small village of Suoi Ho, inhabited by the Black H’mong ethnic minority. Notice how their houses are typically built without windows due to the cold weather in the winter. Continue your walk past rice paddy fields and spectacular scenery to the village of Ma Tra with the possibility of seeing tea plantations and cardamom gardens (seasonal) along the way. Transfer to the Lao Cai Railway Station for the overnight train back to Hanoi.</p><p></p><p>End of service </p><p></p><p>NOTES:</p><p>Suggested departure time: 13:30</p><p>Tour duration: 04 hours </p><p>Biking/trekking distance: 5km (3mi)</p><p></p>
Tour price includes:
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services.
- All private transportation.
- Accommodation shared in Twin/Double room with daily breakfast
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- Private boat trip as per tour
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Tissues and water on the coach.
- Services charges and government tax.
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
Tour price excludes:
- International flights & Departure taxes if any
- Personal expenses, drinks, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Peak season or Public holidays surcharge if any
- Compulsory Gala dinner on X-Mas or New Year if any
- Vietnam visa
- Other services not mentioned above