Visit Hoi An in your Vietnam custom tour
Drink coffee in peaceful cafes in Hoi An
If you want to experience the rich culture of Vietnam in the past, visit Hoi An Ancient Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This is also the best destination for a Vietnam custom tour. This city is well preserved. It was originally a trading port in Southeast Asia and flourished in the 16th and 17th centuries. In its heyday, Hoi An welcomed merchants from Japan, China, and Spain. Nha and the Netherlands are known as a place of cultural exchange. Nowadays, you can experience the culture in the old town through history museums, and heritage houses and enjoy food and shopping. Rich cultural experiences await you around the streets of Hoi An Ancient Town.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Hoi An:
- Explore the old town: You can walk through the streets, and visit the museums and beautiful buildings.
- Visit craft villages: Around Hoi An there are several craft villages where you can see and learn the process of making some crafts, such as making ceramic vases, etc.
- Take cooking courses: Hoi An is the most popular place in Vietnam to take cooking classes. In addition to learning Vietnamese cooking, you also often visit a local market.
Hanoi – The Capital of Vietnam Custom
The old quarter of Hanoi
Hanoi is influenced by both the local culture of Vietnam and the colonial powers that once occupied the capital. In Hanoi, you will find many buildings, architectural works, and even cuisine from this colonial era.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Hanoi in Vietnam custom tour:
- Explore the museums: Several museums in Hanoi tell about Vietnam’s culture and colonial past.
- Exploring the Old Quarter: The best way is probably to wander around the Old Town, experience the local street life, and see the French architecture, Chinese temples, and historical buildings in Vietnam.
- Watch a water puppet show: This is a special traditional form of entertainment for the old Hanoians.
Ha Giang – Vietnam Custom Tour In Northern
Ha Giang Tourism
Traveling to Ha Giang on your Vietnam custom tour, you will have the opportunity to visit ethnic minority villages and local markets. Thanks to this ethnic diversity, you will discover the unique features of Ha Giang culture. Each of these ethnic groups has different unique customs.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Ha Giang
- Sightseeing by motorbike: This is an interesting experience, allowing you to fully explore the breathtaking natural landscape of this place.
- Visit the markets: One of the best ways to experience local life is to visit a market. Markets in Ha Giang are often a mix of ethnic minority groups, where not only livestock, vegetables, and meat are traded, but also a place to meet locals and share interesting stories.
Sapa – Enjoying the mountain’s custom
Sapa tourism is made more wonderful thanks to the easily accessible local culture. Moreover, you also have the opportunity to explore the Vietnam custom tour here fully. Going to Sapa, you can walk around town, from village to village, where you get to meet ethnic minority groups. You will have the opportunity to experience the local life of the people here, and pass through the rice fields where the people are busy working.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Sapa
- Trekking: Walking from one village to another is a great way to learn about the local culture.
- Visit the markets: This is the best place to discover the typical culture of the Sapa people.
- Homestay: Staying in a homestay is the most unique way to get in touch with the local culture. Staying in a homestay means you are living with a local family, where you will enjoy food cooked on a traditional stove.
Halong Bay – Vietnam Custom Destination
Halong Bay has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it is a popular tourist destination in Vietnam’s northeast, managed by both the provinces of Quang Ninh and Hai Phong.
The entire Halong Bay, also known as the Gulf of Tonkin, covers approximately 1,500km2 and contains approximately 1,969 islands and islets made of karst limestone that tower like skyscrapers throughout the bay and were formed over millions of years.
Halong’s magnificent limestone mountains contain a long history and tremendous value.
Normal limestone mountains are found on the ground; however, the limestones in Halong Bay are raised from above the water.
It took 500 million years to form Halong Bay into the 2000 limestone islands that it is today.
Interesting things you should try when traveling to Halong Bay
- Kayaking: Through Halong Bay is one of the best ways to experience the area for those who prefer to explore on their own and for those with more active lifestyles.
- Tai Chi is a great alternative to a morning workout on board and is one of the most popular early morning activities for those taking overnight cruises in Halong Bay.
- Sunbathing in Halong Bay is only appropriate and feasible at certain times of the year, and it is frequently overlooked by visitors. But, in our opinion, this is one of the things you should do in Halong Bay. The best part is that there is no cost!
Hue – Ancient Town in Vietnam Custom
The ancient capital of Hue
If you enjoy exploring history or exotic cultures, you cannot miss the old royal capital of Vietnam. Hue in your Vietnam custom tour once represented the strength of the Vietnamese empire, is a city full of monuments, temples, palaces, and tombs, attracting tourists from all over the world to visit.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Hue
- Royal Palace: This is the best place to see ancient structures and discover royal history.
- Boat ride: You can take a boat trip on the Perfume River and see the sights located along the river.
- DMZ: If you want to learn more about past wars, go to the demilitarized zone.
Ho Chi Minh City – The city never sleeps
Cu Chi Tunnels
The culture of Ho Chi Minh City is mainly formed by the Western empire. Besides, Ho Chi Minh is also the economic center of the country, so people from all over have flocked here. This city is truly a perfect blend of Asian and Western cultures in Vietnam custom tours. Come here, you will have the opportunity to see skyscrapers, French colonial buildings, ancient Chinese temples, modern bars, and large shopping malls.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Ho Chi Minh
- Sightseeing by motorbike: The best way to explore Ho Chi Minh City is by motorbike. Join this experience, and you will feel like a real local. You will pass through busy streets, filled with motorbikes and scooters, to popular attractions.
- Visit Vietnam War Sights: If you want to know more about the war, you can visit different locations, like the War Remnants Museum, Cu Chi Tunnels, and Independence Palace, where the war took place.
The Delta Mekong – Exploring the culture of the river region
Cai Rang floating market
The Mekong Delta is inhabited by different cultures from other Vietnamese customs. The majority of people in the region are Vietnamese and Khmer, with nearly 2 million people. As a result, you will experience different customs, parties, and cultures. Since the people living here mainly live on the water, the lifestyle of the people in the Mekong Delta is also different from other places in Vietnam. There is a lot of water here, so houses are built on the river and there is even a floating market.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to the west of the river
- Boat ride: The Mekong is a river delta, and the best thing to do is to sit on a boat. From here, you can explore the lives of the locals and visit different villages.
- Local factories and plantations: The Mekong Delta is very fertile. You can visit different fruit plantations, but also local factories like coconut candy factories.
- Floating Market: One of the highlights of the Mekong Delta is the floating market. Here you can see locals buying and selling food on boats.
- Biking: Another way to visit the villages and see the life of the locals in this area is to ride a bicycle.
Dalat – Expiring four seasons in a day
Da Lat Infinity Lake
Da Lat has a very modern Vietnamese culture and that is exactly why you should visit this destination in your Vietnam custom tour. This is one of the most famous cities in Vietnam. At the lake, the forest, the plantation, the observatory, and the cafe, you can see the selfies of Vietnamese youth. Here you will easily find specialty shops and coffee shops, which sell the most unique products.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Dalat
- Visit the coffee shops: It’s a good idea to take the time to visit one or more coffee shops to see the unique decor or wonderful scenery of the lake or tea plantation.
- Take a City Tour: Da Lat is a pleasant city, and the best way to see its surroundings is by riding a motorbike. Sitting on a motorbike, you will have the opportunity to see the breathtaking beauty of waterfalls, forests, tea plantations, and hidden places in the area.
Kon Tum – Forgotten paradise
Kon Tum Cathedral Church
Kon Tum is an interesting and attractive place for your Vietnam custom tour, but very few tourists come here. The area around Kontum has many different ethnic minority communities. The area has witnessed bloody wars and the city itself was destroyed in the final battles of the war.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Kon Tum
Visit the Ethnic Minority Villages: Since there are almost no tourists here, you have to explore on your own. Visiting the ethnic minority villages in the area is the best experience for you.
Ninh Binh – Ha Long Bay on land
Crouching Peak, Ninh Binh tour
Ninh Binh was the cultural and political center of Vietnam during the reign of King Dinh Tien Hoang in 968. You will find Hoa Lu – the first capital of Vietnam here. Twelve kilometers from Hoa Lu is the vast Bai Dinh Pagoda, which was opened in 2010.
It is the largest Buddhist complex in Southeast Asia. In Trang An, there are archaeological sites with evidence of human life in caves dating back 30,000 years. You will also find various pagodas spread throughout Ninh Binh.
Interesting experiences you should try when traveling to Ninh Binh
- Exploring the area: Exploring the local culture in Ninh Binh by bicycle or motorbike is the best experience here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via: https://mettavoyage.com/contact-us/